Updated January 2019
- January 1st – effective date of current assessment.
- March – second half of property taxes are paid.
- March – notice of new assessment mailed (odd numbered years)
- April 2 through April 25 – property owner may request an informal review of their assessment by the Assessor’s Office.
- April 2 through April 30 – period to file a written property tax protest with the Board of Review
- May 1 - Board of Review meets each year - until adjournment - to review written protests.
- Note: This year (2019), because of the disaster declaration for Dickinson County (and other counties), the dates have been extended. The dates for written appeals are now April 2nd to June 5th. The Board of Review is in extended session, May 1st to June 15th.. The extended protest date is not due to damages caused by the disaster, but due to the taxpayer’s possible limited access to their mail, their property etc. This year’s disaster protest form with instructions can be found on the Internet at https://dickinsoncountyiowa.org/assessor-board-of-review .
- August – property tax bills for coming September and March are mailed.
- September – first half of property taxes are paid.